Friday, March 14, 2014

Post-surgery foolishness

When I started the 31 in 31 challenge I thought it would be hard to come up with something to write each day. As it turns out, things happen to me. I would like things to slow down a bit for me now this month thank you.

It's unbelievable how much better I feel now that the giant ball of pus is out of my mouth. Turns out a cocktail of drugs can do wonders after a needle has pierced your throat. Had to go to the pharmacy today to pick up more steroids and unfortunately they didn't have the dosage in convenient little pills for me to take. I am to take 4mg twice a day. Instead, the pharmacy could only offer 500 microgram pills. Which means if you do some simple maths...carry the two....you get the ingestion of 8 pills twice a day. This on top of taking 2 pills 3 times a day and 2 other pills four times a day. I am a pez dispenser.

Today all I did was smash hours of True Detective. Somehow when reading a synopsis of one of the complicated episodes (read - too many god damn names being dropped without context)  I somehow misinterpreted an article about season 2. There was a blurb on google in the news area saying Season 2 approved and next to it, a picture of Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. Somehow I drew the ridiculous conclusion that they would be returning season two. I know, crazy right? I hope my dripping sarcasm is readable through my writing. I then thought it would be ok to burn through the remaining episodes because of this guarantee.  You see, up until that point I definitely thought one of the men would be killed or imprisoned. Although I was wrong and they both live, neither will be returning in season 2. I found this out instantly after finishing the last episode. Did not even savour it. Grim existence.


So I have nothing to live for during my remaining recovery.  Open to suggestions to keep me going. As I get better, the more stir crazy I get sitting at home, I challenge you to entertain me.

1 comment:

  1. Pez dispenser = golden!

    Have you watched "Homeland"? I'm half-way through season 2 and it's one of the best shows I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete