Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lesson planning

Today, like any other, I have a ton of planning to do for school. Also, like any other day, I have procrastinated so that I have accomplished very little.

What I did instead:

- watched the first hour of Alan Partridge Alpha Papa when my internet cut out and it restarted my stream from zero. I gave up and moved on. Probably worth noting I have seen this film before. Twice.
- I plucked my eyebrows. I do this every morning, but today was the long haul. The angle of the sun was just right so I used my mirror with the times 1000 magnifying power. I will never have confidence again after seeing my face that close up. This also led to a 30 minute beauty regimen to correct the now seen flaws. 
- watched a few episodes of Seinfeld Season 5. Always worth every minute. I will be parsing my sentences like Jerry and George for the next few weeks as a result. 
- walked around West Hampstead, just lingering really. I did manage to buy items for the class such as cute note pads and baskets. They will be appreciated in a way that only 5 year old can show you, like winning the lottery. If I give them a new table basket, it's like I am UNOS and they have been approved for a new heart. I will be showered with love, compliments and little kid hugs around my knees...who am I kidding, they reach my shoulders now.
- went to the gym...reluctantly. 
- people watched out our front windows above the high street. West Hampstead has beautiful people living in it, but they still make the mistake of thinking no one is watching them. I saw someone stumble onto their knees and one man go to town on picking his nose. I wanted to vomit but could not look away. I then had to google scientific studies on nose picking. Apparently it's not as bad as we think it is, just a social norm we find disgusting. Thanks science. I'll never listen to you again.
- Danced in my underwear to a shuffle on spotify. Dancing isn't as fun in clothes.
- Read all the live tweets from the Malaysian missing aircraft. Wallowed and worried about my own family and how we have to travel so frequently to see each other. Tried to calculate the odds of a plane crash happening to me based on noted plane statistics. Anyone who knows me, knows I can't mathematically work out these kind of problems. The answer I came up with is I have a 50-50% chance of it happening to me. Pure terror. 
- Watched panda videos on youtube as a cheer up, curtesy of A-Tay. Those pandas really love slides. I really love pandas. 


Now I'm going out for the night. At least I won't have to procrastinate tomorrow morning as I'll be recovering and therefore all the above behaviours become acceptable as I will be not feeling well in bed. Just a mind reframe really. One day I'll plan an entire week on the weekend. And that day will be great. Until then, I'll take it one day at a time...in a scramble. Way to go.

1 comment:

  1. "I will never have confidence again after seeing my face that close up."

    You don't even know how much you make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete