Monday, November 1, 2010

Maroon 5

When I'm wrong, I say it. (not) BUT I will admit that I was wrong about Reading. Today I fell in love with my city, it might be the best place I have ever lived...ever. I described it as living in downtown Toronto but if the city were built like Uptown Waterloo. Everything is accessible, there are so many stores, everything is in walking distance, and it is truly beautiful. 

My quality of life has sky rocketed because of:
-cobblestone streets
-small coffee shops filled with friends chatting
-winding roads
-beautiful architecture
-old churches and clock towers
-alleys filled with people
-warm, fresh air

It feels like I am constantly walking to the soundtrack of a Maroon 5 cd, easy listening, easy living.
Now I must commence Operation Friend. I must acquire one friend-ish by the end of this week, perhaps I will speak to people in my building (maybe not, anyone who can't clean a shower should not be alive let alone my friend, even if there is an "ish" attached).
One thing that will help me become friends with someone here, knowing the terminology/phrasing. I.E. SO many people say "are you ok?" and I immediately become defensive or awkward, not knowing how to respond. Sam told me that it is equivalent to our "How are you?" or"How ya doing?" So the correct response is to say "I'm fine, are you ok?" Vair vair weird, and hard to get used to. I am always thrown when people say it to me!

Anyway, Operation Friend has begun. 




1 comment:

  1. I think a operation friend-acquisition is a good idea.
    Can't wait to visit Reading, but we, of course, will be staying in a hotel. The one I have scoped out has laundry facilities (nudge, nudge, so you can come over and avail yourself of the services) and clean bathrooms.
    Good luck finding a "china" cockney slang for "mate" as in friend.

    ReplyDelete