Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Half Full/Half Empty

The great debate: are you a "glass half full" person or "glass half empty" person?

My answer is this:
What if the glass is half full of shit?

Then it doesn't matter if you are half full or empty, you still have a glass of shit and that just sucks.

I am a half full girl but half full of a glass of poop.

Today was one of the worst days of my life, but I still managed to laugh at the end of it. Partially thanks to the hilarious people I surround myself with everyday. Today's honorable mentions were Sean, Richie, and Julia.

I woke up to a call saying that my contract to teach was being terminated because a sheet of paperwork that my company was supposed to submit, was not yet submitted so I technically can't work in Reading. They were terminating my contract because they couldn't afford to pay a teacher (I have guaranteed pay even days I don't work) who wasn't able to work, even if it was their fault. So I am stranded, poor, and jobless. Luckily some great women at the head office thought it was awful what they were doing to me in Reading, so they are getting me work in London. There are only 3.5 weeks left of school term so this is how my sched looks for now:

3.5 weeks - teaching in London, commuting from Reading
January - resuming my contract with the Reading office, teaching an L.T.O (long term occasional, someone's maternity leave)
April - lease for my apartment in Reading is up, move to London and continue teaching there (this is a big maybe right now, it all depends how happy I am in Reading after my LTO)

This is a major simplified version that took me, Sean, and seven people at work to figure out over the course of the entire afternoon...and still nothing is set in stone.

Why I managed to laugh:
Mid breakdown, I told Sean that now I am going to have to turn tricks for money and prostitute myself out so I can eat. His reply: "Oh honey, no you'll dance first." Best response ever. Immediate laughter.

Rich and Julia are always hilarious, filling my head with unreal commentary and funny ways to look at the world. So blessed to have them in my life.

Anyway, my glass always seems to be steaming poop, but at least it's half full and not half empty.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure that you still remember some of your Spice Girl routines....
    Sorry that you had such a difficult day. The Reading school board sucks.
    I'm glad to hear that you got it mostly sorted out though. A friend of mine would say that a half-full glass is better than no glass at all (I'm not sure what she'd say about the poo though). At least it's Criminal Minds night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on abit. Maybe the shite happened because of altering the calendar date of Humas.
    Nah, on second thought, the cosmic forces guiding Humas are benevolent, so maybe the London gig will turn out to be in your best interests.
    Merry Humas K8T!

    ReplyDelete