Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Flood

So as I have mentioned earlier, the people in my building don't like to clean too much. This would not be a problem, only that we share a kitchen and bathroom. On the first day, I decided to poke around (especially after seeing the state of my shower downstairs). I happened to fall down the rabbit hole and stumble across a heaven bathroom. It is bright, big, and beautiful. My shower stall, is a stand up with two sliding glass doors that encompass you like a coffin. The upstairs bathroom (equipped with tub) has a nice shower curtain and sparkling walls, I felt like George Costanza when he stumbles on the handicapable bathroom and hides it for his own usage.

When I bumped into the woman who lives next door, I asked if I could use either bathroom and she seemed confused. She said I could use the upstairs one, but why would I? I made up some lie story about being claustrophobic.

So today I took a gamble and snuck upstairs to shower. It was glorious! I smiled the entire shower. I even looked at the floor and noticed how shiny they were...the light was reflecting off of them.

Then, I got out of the shower.

Wet. I had flooded the ENTIRE bathroom. Like an inch of water filled it's huge floor. The shower curtain did not close all the way, pouring water into the bathroom. The shine on the floor that I had noticed, was amplified by the pool of water glistening above it. There was no toilet paper in the washroom (it is better to go to the bathroom downstairs but shower upstairs) and no hand towels. All I had was my beautiful, new towel. It had to take the bullet, mopping all the water, wringing it out in the shower because there was so much water I had to mop several times. I started to see the bathroom in a new light. The water had collected all the dust and hair from the floor, making a disgusting mass.

Needless to say, I have to change my tactics. I also have to buy a new towel, mine immediately went into the bin. Filth.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you wish you had some of those compressed towelette tablets I kept trying to foist on you before you left.
    Landlord should actually give you a tip for your floor cleaning services.

    ReplyDelete