Sunday, October 31, 2010

The one that got away...almost.

Had a great party with Sam's friends for Halloween. I went as a peacock and must say I was proud of my costume. The party was so much fun and I loved how many Canadian girls there were! Sam has made quite a social network in London. I wish I was staying closer to her so it would be easier to get together. Some regrets from last night:
- copious drinks
- staying out until the wee hours of the morning

Results of my actions:
- 3 hours of sleep
- Intense stomach ache
- Bloating
- Assaulting a person's nostrils in the train (hence the name of the post)

Let me explain...I thought I was all clear and completely alone in the train car because I looked around repeatedly after the last stop. So the pressure in my stomach was at it's peak and I thought I could squeak one out before the next stop. Unfortunately, I was not alone, a man sat directly behind me and the chairs are so high in the train that he was also directly in my blind spot. After he coughed and sputtered a bit, we made it through.

I am all settled in my new place, the cleaning crew from Mom and Son Croatia Club, cleaned it today and did a fabbity-fab job. They even dusted the ledges on my windows. Mad skills. I also bought all these different sheets for a single bed, only to  realize that a single cannot be stretch over a double, even if you slightly slit the corners, ever so gently. I returned, shamed, to TK Maxx to get all new bedding.

Well that is all. PS if I don't skype you, it's because I just found out my pov internet USB stick from T Mobile can't handle the pressures of the high speed internet necessary for skype. It is probably how T-Pain invented auto-tune though...when I call someone I get all broken up and machine-like. So maybe I will try to skype people, only to record a new number one track.

Well I'm off to write my family a letter. Apparently that is my only form of communication now. It worked in WWI right?

1 comment:

  1. I literally laughed out loud. It's a good thing the one that got away didn't come with a traveler, so to speak. I am also relieved the clean up crew did an awesome job. You can't imagine the creatures I thought were going to be your new house pets. Can't wait to see your flat on Skype.
    You got the write stuff- get it?
    Love M

    ReplyDelete