Thursday, December 2, 2010

Prison Number 29786

SO my roomie Noks just let me know that she met the guy living upstairs......... and saw his house arrest anklet. She tried to reassure me that he would only ever be allowed out on house arrest if he wasn't a major danger to society. Major or minor = still a danger.
I was going to leave a passive aggressive note in the bathroom to whoever was smoking, windows closed on the toilet and dumping their ashes in the sink, but now I have reconsidered. Noks may have just saved my life.

Which brings me to the next update: Noks and I have solidified a friendship with an hour gossip session about our prison house mates. She knocked on my door because she wanted to explain to me how to register with a doctor. She said she was really worried about my cough and I should get it checked out. I guess I have not been as quiet in my sleep as I thought. The great thing about a house friend is now if I am choking in my room, I know I can run to her for the heimlich maneuver (my biggest fear and why I refuse to ever live in the country - choking and having no one able to revive me). OR if I suffer a terrible accident in my room, she will realize I am missing and seek me out, rather than waiting weeks for my decaying body stench to alert someone to my mishap. She is also happy that I am CPR trained.

Today a boy said to me "Miss, if we behave right nicely can we show you some things? Like some sweet dance moves on the carpet?" I didn't tell him that even if they were dicks, I would allow them to because it would be outrageous, but I did agree. A maths, science, and literacy lesson later, I was transported into breakdance heaven. Year fours can move, let me tell you. My particular favourite is "the hump" which I have named rightfully so and basically involved the ground and some ridic pelvic thrusting. Who knew the British loved to bust a move so much? Two days in a row and I am feeling pretty blessed.

Today also happens to be my stepfather's birthday. First time I think I have ever missed celebrating it at home. *Sniff. Miss my fam jam. xoxo Sean. I wanted to send him something in the post, however when I enquired on the prices to do so, I thought it would be pretty inappropriate to just send the empty packaging as that would be all I could afford. A nice skype conversation will have to do. I also have to stay up until my eyes bleed to have said conversation due to the time difference, so I am pretty sure it is as great as receiving a shiny new present in the post.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Santa will bring you a shiv for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be safe Katie. Criminal Minds has never done an episode where someone is murdered by a roomie with an ankle bracelet. You know they would have if it was at all plausible.

    ReplyDelete