Monday, December 6, 2010

*Crackle Crackle Wheeze Wheeze

Achoo sneeze! (Nice rhyme - title + first line...oh nevermind, aha another rhyme, ok stop and I mean it....anybody want a peanut?)

Anyway, I have bronchitis. Sucks. I managed to score some intense jimmy though...if only I could pay for it. The doctor was like, "oh we don't prescribe medications with codeine in it" and I was like "oh yes you do..." I explained my family history and how I sprayed yellow vomit all over my floor from a coughing fit this morning and he began looking up meds in his big book of drugs-not-to-prescribe-anyone-who-seems-to-be-drug-seeking. I think it was the detail with which I spoke about the vomit that really pushed him over the edge..."and then, sprays of yellow, which reminded me much of a dragon spurting flames toward a small Albanian village, foamed and shot from my nose and mouth -" you get the picture. He promptly gave me antibiotics and a high dose of codeine syrup. I will be slumbering like a baby.

This also means that I have missed out on infecting children today and also tomorrow because I cannot fill said prescriptions until tomorrow morning because my appointment was after hours. I already thought it was slightly shady that the doc agreed to stay late for an appointment with me, but I informed Sean where I would be and if I didn't contact him, to start searching for me in an ice bath with my kidneys missing. 

Anyway, my fever and constant cough has made me slightly loopy so forgive me if this post is off the wall. Noks was quite pleased that I was given something to stop my cough. I thought her telling me about the doctor's office was out of general concern, but today she again impressed upon me how thin our walls were and how much I coughed throughout the night.

Ho hum pig's bum. Anyway, off to eat some clear liquids (what my diet has consisted of) and watch ER. It is Dr. Carter's last season and I am beginning to feel quite low about the whole thing. I guess that's what happens when you invest on watching 11 seasons of a character. It's really nice to travel around the world, only to stay in your room and watch tv!




(not)

1 comment:

  1. If you have some extra jimmy
    In my stocking you can give me
    Sorry to hear you have bronchitis
    That really is a case of shite-is

    ReplyDelete