Thursday, January 1, 2015

31 in 31 part deux

The starting of a new year means the starting of once again lying to ourselves about all changes we're going to make for a better life. Usually mine involve some sort of physical fitness challenge (insert background laugh track), a decision to have a positive outlook (fuck that), or a dedication to a new skill i.e. knitting, kite flying, basket weaving or the like.

This year, I've decided that I will make small promises to ensure they can be fulfilled. I find that when I make a daily "to-do" list and I included things like brush teeth, wake up, shower, etc. I feel much more accomplished when I cross them off. It also gets the ball rolling so I might actually tackle an important job such as "paying rent" or "lesson planning" or "grocery shopping."

So I've brought back the 31 in 31 to hopefully keep up my writing routine. I also have brought back the "no shame" promise to myself. Once, I gave up shame for Lent and it was the best 40 days of my life. No more dark mornings or pillow wallowing. It's time to live the dream and be laughing while I do it.

I have a great feeling about 2015 and thanks for sharing the start with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment