Friday, January 2, 2015

Book Binge

I love books. Like the actual book itself, not necessarily reading. Don't get me wrong, reading is amazing and I was raised on it. My mum being a librarian, really hammered home the importance of literacy and where a book can take you. But now in my older, more hectic lifestyle, I find it hard to find time to sit in one place let alone read a book.

This has not stopped me from accruing books as if I were ripping through one a week. I still consider myself quite well read, whilst probably actually being one illiterate S.O.B.

There is something about the way they look - hard covers that give a satisfying knock when you drum your fingers on them, beige soft pages, catchy titles, smart cover art - it all draws me in.

This holiday alone I have purchased numerous books, books that I must now lug home in my carry-on back to London.




Each year season month I record a reading list to get through and now more often than not I barely scratch the surface.



This year another one of my resolutions is to read more and watch less.



The first book I'm going to power through is Yes Please by Amy Poehler. Let's see if Leslie Knope can get the ball rolling for 2015. You can see its edge just below Lena Dunham's but above Insurgent (don't judge, you don't know me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment