Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New haircut? Oh no.

SO today was the brilliant idea of mine to have a focus activity for the tiny humans to learn how to use scissors. MOST of them already knew, so I just was monitoring how well they could manipulate to cut out objects. Well, as I bent over a three year old to instruct her in proper holding techniques, I hear a snip and feel a massive tug on my head. She snipped off a HUGE portion of my hair. I look like I have a Victoria Beckham in the front and Katie in the back. Devastating. It took me years to grow my hair this length, I almost cried. What was worse is then the little girl said, "Sorry Miss" and burst into tears from the look on my face. I felt terrible, so I had to console the culprit. Another bummer. Then, with the next group, I leaned over one child to talk to another and feel a searing pain in my forearm. Blood actually spurted onto the white papers they were cutting. She had cut through my flesh when cutting out her Itsy Bitsy spider. It doesn't look like much but that sucker bled.


All in all a great day, minus the scissors.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!
    You have a lopsided mullet. Business in the front and party in the back (on one side).
    School should reimburse you for a fix-up haircut. Or you may even start a new trend.
    Did you wipe the kidlet's tears with your cut-off hair?
    Sidney Poitier never had to deal with this in To Sir With Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand Jack the Ripper was from England as well...coincidence? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Sorry Katie. This really sucks after all the growing. I say cut it all off - you'd look great with 2 inches of hair all the way around (snicker). I can see your horrified expression from here.

    ReplyDelete