Thursday, January 20, 2011

0 for 2

Two new children attended nursery today. Two new children were both sent home within 30 minutes of their arrival. One child started the classic poo walk, also know as the I've-got-a-huge-load-in-my-pants-which-is-preventing-me-from-walking-without-a-major-swagger walk. Not being toilet trained ain't gonna fly in my class so she was ousted. The other child was so disruptive that we literally had to sit him on a chair in the centre of the room so he could not reach anything within 10 paces of himself. This way if he took off running toward something so he could smash it, I would intercept and tackle.

Unfortunately, a major disruption such as adding new children then having them removed only throws off the rest of the group so things were a bit zany today. At one point, the TA and I both collapsed in the pillow corner to just mellow out. I think this was right after I found several dead worms in a purse in the dress up corner. I knew they were dead because of a) their torn edges b) smell c) colour

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the kid was saving the worms to feed your classroom goldfishes.
    I think your day was actually one for number two. Hope your next day was less eventful.

    ReplyDelete