Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Hungarian Girl in London

Today was the process of signing papers.
Went to the Hays office to finish my banking info and then went to the real estate agent to sign my life over to them for the next 6 months. I felt so accomplished because I located all the areas with ease and navigated through the streets like a real local. There was a definite bounce in my step as I set off, keys in hand, toward my new apartment.
The locals should have given me a red flag...

and by locals, I mean their mouths. The further away from the city centre I got, the less teeth people had. It got to the point that right on the corner of my street, a man was chompin' down a Big Mac with ONE snaggletooth in the front. I knew my apartment would be a gem too when I saw a giant pile of dog shit on my front stoop. Woo.

Anyway, the place was atrocious. There was no more pep in my step. The bed had stains, the sink didn't drain, the fridge on the inside was covered in mold, and the carpet had garbage/dirt all on it. Needless to say I slinked away to Sam's beautiful apartment in London. Luckily, the landlord was awesome and said he would get a cleaner in tomorrow to fix it all up before I moved in. I will be lingering on Sam's couch, much to Mark's happiness, for a little while longer!

1 comment:

  1. You gotta know that if this does not get rectified - new matress???? - there will be a huge long distance telephone from here to there.
    Good stuff that you navigated the streets, the snaggletooth and shite. Atta go
    Keep the faith my dearie!
    Love M

    ReplyDelete