Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm on my way

Today I make the big flight by myself to London, England.
Things I am looking forward to:
- reading a book and relaxing on the plane
- having some time alone
- feeling like an accomplished human being, compared to the sloth I have been for the past month
-watching movies on the plane
-sitting in a window seat to see the sky, etc... also prime head positioning for slumbers.

Things I am not looking forward to:
- sitting beside a sweaty/smelly person (potential)
- navigating my way through the London airport alone
- sitting in a window seat (bathroom usage is a minimum...peeing in my carry-on is definite)
- Not having internet/phone when I land, so if I am approached by bandits, I will have to fend them off myself.

My mom has of course given me detailed advice to survive during these times:
- say excuse me to those I sit beside when having to go to the bathroom on the plane...obv.
- don't tell strangers I am a tourist
- ask for help when I can
- don't leave bags unattended
-print out maps/train scheds, etc.

What my mom couldn't have told me but Criminal Minds luckily stepped in for her:
- don't help small children who claim they are lost...their father is waiting in a van outside to kill you
- don't help the handi-capable get into a van/lift their wheelchair into a van...they will push you into their vehicle, paralyze you, then dress you as a doll until they kill you
- don't go with someone who has a "record deal" for you...they will record you singing then kill you
- don't dye my hair blonde...someone will abduct me, kill me, and dump me in a river
- don't go for a jog...a group of cult followers will kidnap me, force me to be a part of their ritual, then keep my skull as a trophy
- don't go into the woods...death
- don't go onto a subway...murder
- don't answer the door to your apartment ... killers

Thanks Criminal Minds. I might just stay home now. Oh well, off I go. If you don't hear from me in a few days, send in the dogs or stay tuned to Criminal Minds, Wednesdays at 9pm on CTV.

3 comments:

  1. Mom also says:
    Don't drink on the flight, you will need all your faculties.
    Take extra handi-wipes to clean off the toilet seats.
    Yes, you need to take all 20 undies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just left my grown up baby girl at the airport. Seanie open up the Merlot, this is going to be a long tear-drop night. My apron strings are at loose ends.
    Katie thank you for the blog- it is so you. Merry Humas. Love maszha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot one. Don't go near pig farmers because they'll kidnap, paralyze, do medical experiments, kill you and leave your shoes somewhere really obvious so the police can identify you.

    Stop being so funny! I snorted my cola and the happy bubbles don't feel as good coming out my nose as they doing going down my throat.

    ReplyDelete