Sunday, January 17, 2016

Exchanging of the Clothes

I'm surprised something so small (yet painful) people have so many opinions on. Apparently there is a right way and a wrong way to do it.

I almost always choose the wrong way. I wear my heart on my sleeve and my emotions on my face. I leave no cards clutched to my chest. If I have a feeling about you, you will know it.

I need some of my items back. I wanted to wear a particular dress last night but had foolishly left it behind. Today is supposed to be D Day. Every person I have spoken to has a view on the best way to retrieve my items and give last bits back to The Viking.

I should:
 - bag everything up and ask him to leave my stuff on the doorstep
 - get a friend to do the exchange
 - use this opportunity to hug and say a proper good bye
 - leave my stuff for dead and cancel the meet up
 - wait until I'm over it to ask for it back
 - do it quickly without many words or physical interaction


I don't know how to physically do any of these things. Instead, I foresee it more as going like...

I invite him in, don't let him leave. Cry. Beg for him to reconsider and end up throwing his stuff out the window.

Sounds like me. No word left unsaid or tear left unshed. I expect it to be painful and unsatisfying. Yet, we must be true to ourselves and be at peace with what we would have wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment