Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hair Bandit

During my very busy week off from school (not) I did what I typically do, which is watch Lauren Conrad's beauty tutorial website. For anyone as self-involved as myself, it is quite a great website which teaches you how to do new hairstyles, makeup, nails, etc. This has left me trying new hairstyles every day to test out around the house. Unfortunately I live with Hair Bandit Bond, who doesn't seem to realize the importance of not touching hair once "done." "Done" hair can look like "undone" or "not done" hair, however "done" hair has taken a considerable amount of time to perfect. May it be a Waterfall Braid or Just-Up-From-Bed-Curls, within minutes of encountering said Bandit, my hair is fluffed, scratched, and left unkempt.

Sometimes I wonder what the point is. Then I just rebrush and retry. Life is hard.

2 comments:

  1. My Mom (G-Ma) had some basic grooming commandments - never leave the house without lipstick (in my case she said I looked like Death), no white after Labour Day, nail polish: all on or all off, and thou shalt never touch a woman's hair after it is styled.
    Mr. Bond - the hair is to be neither shaken nor stirred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, what a clever comment from your mom above. Neither shaken nor stirred... brilliant.

    I was gonna say that what you complained about above goes under the category of "White Girl Problems", as with the time I cried because I messed up my pedicure.

    ReplyDelete