Monday, June 6, 2011

Lesson learned

Perspective gained today.

On the train, Swiss Family Sighs-A Lot sat next to me and every two seconds the pair of them let out a sigh like it was the end of the world. Mrs. Sigh took out a mirror and started fixing her hair, and each time she readjusted her split-bang-syndrome, she gave a mini wail.

After the 15th whimper, I just wanted to shout "LIFE'S NOT THAT F****** HARD!" but thought it would be awkward. I just screamed it in my head for the remainder of the journey instead.

I put on my big girl pants and got over whatever self-pity I had from last night's post. It helped that I re-alphabetized my books after work today to keep my mind busy. Oh the life of a big city girl...

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the woman's forehead was split - not just her hair - hence the wailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she was going all St. Peter of Verona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books need to be alphabetized?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL maybe her forehead was split - GREAT line. Split-bang syndrome is not a joke though. It is an unfortunate side effect of a lack of shampoo and an overdose of conditioner and grease and body oil. Sometimes I sigh when I have split bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had many a split-bang before, hence never going back to grade 7

    ReplyDelete