Saturday, October 17, 2015

Soap Dish

I've recently moved into a new place in my favourite part of the city. I have one flatmate who is rarely in the country, so I have free roam of the place. I love it.

There are large windows, a deck filled with plants, an open living space and it overlooks a garden. Although all these things are great, it's the small things I enjoy about living in my own place again.

The first thing is the soap dish. We have a bar of soap that rests on a stone-looking dish. After someone washes their hands, it collects with the tiniest amount of excess water. Twice a day, I get to pour the dish out into the sink and I love it.

This probably makes me insane, but I think of it as more of a charming quirk of my personality. I somewhat of an Amelie, just no one has made a french film about me yet.

There are also several, full-length mirrors scattered throughout the flat - even in the shower. This makes it sound somewhat of a sex den but I assure you it's all in good taste. Being able to see myself constantly throughout the day not only feeds my vanity but also has motivated me to become more fit. Nothing says, hit the gym, like a mirror in the shower.

So let's see where this place takes me. So far, so good.


1 comment: